Ride the wave of the best surfing destinations niche website that is earning over $1,890 per month on average over the last 12 months!
This 5 year old website is currently monetized through four (4) affiliate partnerships with popular travel companies like Viator, and Booking - amongst others. This leaves the site open to other avenues of monetization with advertisement networks, and potential sponsorships.
Surfing Destinations Website Earning $1,890/Mo
This site covers plenty of destinations of across the world, with topic verticals that are subdivided throughout each continent. Articles are long-form, thoroughly written and edited, with stunning photography and occasional featured videos.
Currently, this domain alone is valued at $470, but comparable domain names have been sold for upto $2,100 to $2,800.
The site receives 21K in monthly traffic on average over the course of the last 12 months. The traffic pattern is also stable at this rate.
Number of sessions per user averages out to about 1.22 and pages per session 1.88 pages. Typical duration on the site is approximately 1.5 minutes.
Traffic is mostly comprised of organic and direct sources, also leaving traffic gap potentials on social platforms and Pinterest.
Predominant sources of income come from 4 affiliate partnerships with booking.com, viator, tripaneer, and world nomads. The highest grossing affiliate is from tripaneer with approximately $15,800 made within the last 12 months.
Booking.com is the second highest grossing affiliate partnership for this site, accounting for almost $7,000 in income for this website.
Revenue can be grown through content that is focused on surfing gear, and equipment, and topic verticals can potentially be expanded to other water related sports.
Additional Questions and Answers provided by the Seller
1) Why has the owner decided to sell at this time?
I have other business ventures that I'm keen to explore and whilst bestsurfdestinations.com has been an amazing project for me, it's just not a passion anymore.
2) Who wrote the content? Was this the owner or outsourced writers?
I wrote the majority of the content. A few articles were written by freelance writers.
3) How many articles are currently being added or edited each month?
This depends on time. Sometimes I'll publish 5 new articles a month, but sometimes I won't publish any.
4) How much time does the owner spend per week on the site? What are their main tasks?
This business is relatively low-maintenance. I've already invested significant effort in generating articles related to high-traffic keywords in the surf travel industry. There's no need to manage active email lists or social media accounts since 99% of traffic comes from Organic and Direct sources. To maintain a passive income from this website, you could simply log in and update the plugins on a monthly basis.
5) Are any of the backlinks rented or purchased?
6) Was the site built on an aged domain?
No, the domain was purchased as new in 2018, at the same time I created the website.
7) Is the seller the founder of the site or did they purchase it? If so when?
I am the founder of the site.
8) Can all the revenue from booking.com and Tripaneer be attributed back to bestsurfdestinations.com - is this tracked? Does the seller own other travel sites which share the same tracking codes?
The revenue is all attributable to bestsurfdestinations.com. I do own other travel blogs, but these use different tracking codes.
How To Buy This Business
Contact us with any questions, and to inquire about this or any of our other listings below:
Revenue & Expenses
- Revenue Details: $1,890.98
- P&L: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SVtSvAHNHvr5qEQEpR4YpkF4Fo9UOxTv?usp=sharing
- Platform: WordPress
- Domain: bestsurfdestiantions.com
- Approx. Number Of Articles: 100
- Approx. Social Followers: 0
- Email List Subscribers: 0
- If you were going to keep the site, what steps would you take over the next 3 to 6 months to grow the income and traffic?: I would recommend exploring content related to surf equipment and expanding on affiliate partnerships in this area. Additionally, it's worth considering the creation of surfing tutorials, given their substantial search demand, it could boost potential for generating a consistent income through display ads. Furthermore, there's an untapped opportunity to establish both an email subscriber list and a presence on social media.
- How often do you email your list?: n/a
- What is your current open rate and click rate?: n/a
- Where does most of your income generate from?: Affiliates
- Who wrote the content?: This is a well-established website that generates a substantial monthly income with minimal time investment. If someone were to allocate more time to this site, increasing the monthly revenue would be straightforward.
Submit an offer
- Contact Listing Agent:
This niche website is for sale at Niche Investor. This digital property is earning over $1000/mo (approx) and is listed at $62,000.00. The website launched in 2018. It's listed in the Established Sites For Sale category and is currently Available.